01-Install Xampp Server Localhost
Before we can begin building your website, you will need to install a localhost/server on your computer. Later, your website will be transferred to a LIVE host/server. A local server is simply a test environment on which we can build your website and of course “test” it before we actually go “Live”. This is the best way to build your website, so that if there are any errors, then we can correct them before we make our website available to the public. There are different local servers available, but the only one that I have ever used is Xampp. And I have never had any problems using Xampp, so it continues to be my preferred localhost server. In this tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to install Xampp on a Windows XP operating system. I do not use any other operating system, but I am sure that it is just as easy to install on a MAC.
I like to use a PORTABLE version of Xampp because it allows me to save the server and the website on my usb device, instead of on my computer. You can use whatever version of Xampp that you want. Below, are the instructions for how to do this.
- Dowload Xampp Lite – Portable Server- Visit the Apachefriends Website: Xampp Lite (www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html)….And scroll down until you see this: Click: “XAMPP Portable Lite” to download and install the portable version of Xampp. On the next page, you can decide if you want to download Xampp as a self-executable file, a zip file or a 7-zip file_ your choice. For this tutorial, I will be downloading the “.exe” file in order to save me from having to create an additional step. (…let’s now proceed forward in these instructions for how to install xampp server localhost)
- The next step is pretty simple. Once you have downloaded Xampp from the Apache friends website, then you just install it in the same way that you would install any program or software application. Run .exe file and Install in a Root directory like “F:” or “C:”
- Find Control Panel (xampp_control) in Directory you installed Xammp and Double-Click on the Xampp-Control to open server control panel.
- Now, it’s time to start your server, so that we can begin building your website. You will use the XAMPP Control Panel to start/stop your localhost server and also install/uninstall services. Go Ahead and click the “Start” button next to Apache & MySql.
- Your localhost server is now installed and running. There’s only one more thing we need to do. Open browser and go to: “http://localhost/” to complete setup by selecting your language of choice.
Congratulations! You just finished installing a localhost on your computer or portable device. This concludes this tutorial – “Install Xampp Server Localhost“.
No related posts.